Kids Out Loud!
Song for a Strong Vermont
Sunday, October 1, 2017
10:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Meet at the Hood Plant
187 S Winooski Ave, Burlington, VT
(entrance around the corner on King St)
Free action hero capes will be available for children at the event. Sign up by September 8 to reserve your capes!
This fall, 1,000 community members from around the state will gather on the Church Street Marketplace in Burlington to sing a new anthem for kids as a show of support for a strong start for all children—our future leaders, teachers, thinkers and innovators!
The event features a meet-up with music at the Hood Plant, a community walk down the Church Street Marketplace and, at the top block, a “flash mob” performance of the anthem and extended concert sing-a-long with Vermont musicians and featured speakers.
What to bring:
- Your favorite noise-maker! Whether it's a real instrument, a kazoo, or a container filled with rice, bring anything that MAKES NOISE!
- A sign
- Your LGK tee/onesie (if you/your child don't have one but would like one, please email Megan)
LISTEN TO THE TEASER! Here's a short clip of the anthem's chorus:
Let’s Grow Kids is working with Urban Rhino to film the live event and produce a music video and television ad honoring the growing strength of our early childhood movement.
The anthem is currently in production and will be available online for free download in mid-August along with lyrics and an instructional video of dance movements.
Let’s Grow Kids is seeking business sponsors to help with bus sponsorships for transportation needs and other associated costs. Click here for details.
For those who can’t attend the event in person, please join us digitally! Here's how you can participate:
FACEBOOK: We'll bring you to the event virtually via Facebook Live! Comment and like the video to add your voice!
SNAPCHAT: We'll also be recording the event via Snapchat using the Kids Out Loud! geofilter!
INSTAGRAM: Follow photos and video from the event on Instagram under the hashtags #kidsoutloud and #kidsanthem
Schedule for the Day:
10:30 AM: Registration opens at the Hood Plant parking lot. We are anticipating large crowds, so please arrive by 11 to register in time for the walk!
- live music for kids
- free action hero capes for kids (sign-up to reserve!)
- sign-making station
11:30 AM: Parade to Church Street Marketplace! Map of route
Noon: Flash Mob on the top block of Church Street!
12 - 12:30 PM: Anthem in concert with Vermont musicians (top block of Church Street)
• Mister Chris, anthem co-writer, lead vocals, guitar
• Kat Wright, anthem co-writer, lead vocals
• Bob Wagner, guitar, vocals, percussion
• Josh Weinstein, bass, vocals
• Urian Hackney, drums, vocals
• Mark Sustic, Young Tradition Vermont, mandolin
• African Drumming Dance with Simbo & Seni, live drumming at the event!
… and more!