We will accomplish our mission through a two-pronged approach: strengthening early childhood education and building the movement. Thousands of Vermonters are helping us to achieve our mission by calling for change and making the change in their local communities.
This is a multi-year mission and we’ve spent the last several years together:
- Raising public awareness about the importance of early childhood development
- Shoring up critically underfunded elements of Vermont’s child care system
- Developing cross-sector partnerships
- Building public will for policy change
- Identifying and implementing best practices, policies and funding mechanisms to replicate and
- Elevating the voices of Vermont’s children, their families and early educators.
Strengthening Early Childhood Education
We’re building care. Our programs team of early childhood education experts provides a variety of services to early educators and other community stakeholders, offering customized technical assistance on programmatic and business practices, Vermont-specific resources and grants.
We’re innovating change. Let’s Grow Kids is collaborating with business, education and health care leaders, elected officials and local communities to build a sustainable high-quality child care system in Vermont.
We’re planning for the long-term. By 2025, our policy and programs teams will have ensured that our partners are strong and in position to carry on critical roles to maintain a high-quality, affordable child care system.
Building a Movement
Let’s Grow Kids is 30,000 Vermonters strong and growing every day because of our dedicated volunteers (our Action Heroes) who take strategic action steps in all regions of the state:
- Walking door-to-door to talk with their neighbors
- Speaking and tabling at community events
- Hosting legislative meet-and-greets
- Writing op/eds and letters-to-the-editor
- Hosting rallies
- Engaging community leaders
Through the hard work and grit of these Action Heroes—including parents, early educators, business and health care leaders—Let's Grow Kids has grown from a small public awareness campaign to a statewide movement and a powerful force for change. Together, we are persuading decision-makers to prioritize Vermont’s youngest children. Find out more about our legislative policy here.