It’s an election year! That means we have a huge opportunity to make affordable access to high-quality child care a priority issue at the State House.
How? It starts with letting our candidates know this is a priority issue for their constituents (you!). The more they hear from Vermonters about how our child care challenges negatively impact kids and families--and what a better future could look like--the more they’ll realize that representing their district effectively means creating lasting change for kids.
This toolkit will help you become a strong advocate for children with tips on how and where to engage with your candidates, how to encourage them to go on the record in support of affordable access to high-quailty child care, and resources to help you do so.
- So You Have a Legislator on Your Doorstep ... (page 4)
- So You’re at a Candidate Forum ... (page 5)
- Meet the LGK Field Team! (page 6)
Just the double-sided handout:
- So You Have a Legislator on Your Doorstep (side 1)
- So You’re at a Candidate Forum (side 2)