Let’s Grow Kids works to ensure that high-quality child care programs thrive and that more families can access them. Our team of experienced early childhood education leaders provides a variety of services to child care programs, early educators and other community stakeholders.
PROGRAM START UP AND EXPANSION
Let’s Grow Kids offers support to those who want to start a new child care program or expand an existing program. Our team provides advice and technical assistance to help start and grow sustainable, high-quality child care programs including Vermont’s child care systems, educational environments, staffing plans, and budgeting. Many child care programs are also eligible to apply for technical assistance and grants such as those listed below.
- Our Make Way for Kids programs supports communities to create additional high-quality child care spaces around Vermont.
- The City of Burlington’s Early Learning Initiative supports the creation of additional high-quality infant and toddler spaces in Burlington.
If you plan to start or grow a child care program in Vermont, please contact Sherry Carlson.
Let’s Grow Kids offers support to child care programs to improve quality, demonstrate quality, and/or implement additional quality practices. Our team provides customized advice and technical assistance on topics associated with high-quality experiences for young children and their families such as those listed below.
- STARS is Vermont’s quality recognition and improvement system. Let’s Grow Kids provides technical assistance and self-service resources to help child care programs navigate the STARS system and improve quality. Click here to learn more about STARS.
- Vermont now has a statewide registry where developmental screening results can be safely shared across settings. Click here to learn about Vermont’s Universal Developmental Screening.
- Act 166 provides for universal access to publicly funded pre-K education in Vermont. Click here to learn more about offering universal pre-K in your program.
Let’s Grow Kids helps child care programs save time and money while strengthening quality. Our team develops resources and supports programs to adopt practices that will increase their financial viability, including:
- A web platform, SharedServicesVT.org, that allows child care programs to access resources and information they need.
- Regional networks with an administrative hub that enable Vermont child care programs to share services, staff, tools, information and resources, allowing the programs to become stronger, more efficient, more financially sound and better able to deliver high-quality child care. For more information, please contact LouAnn Beninati.
- Innovations such as the Smartcare child care management software designed to increase program efficiency and quality. To learn more, please contact Lorraine Vernet.
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATORS
Let’s Grow Kids supports early educators and child care program leaders who are working to advance their skills and credentials to ensure Vermont has a strong, stable and well-qualified early childhood education workforce. To complement the supports offered by our key partners, we offer advice, coaching, technical assistance and resources.
- Click here for an overview of early childhood education careers and degree/licensure opportunities.
- A workshop series and course, Child Care Business Administration, designed for early childhood professionals interested in child care administration, as well as current and seasoned administrators seeking additional program management training
- Click here for an overview of alternative pathways to early educator licensure.