INCREASING THE VIABILITY AND SUSTAINABILITY OF CHILD CARE PROGRAMS VIA SHARED SERVICES
Let’s Grow Kids is working with child care programs and community partners throughout Vermont to create new opportunities for early educators to share best practices in early education as well as the responsibility and costs of program administration such as purchasing, bookkeeping, billing and waitlist management. Examples include:
- Smartcare is a business management technology designed to increase child care program efficiency and quality by streamlining administrative tasks.
- SharedServicesVT.org, a one-stop shop for early educator resources.
- Professional networks supported through collaboration with Vermont Association for the Education of Young Children, the Child Development Division, and the Vermont Child Care Providers Association.
- Connections with regional organizations such as the Northeast Kingdom Learning Services; and
- Regional networks of child care programs such as the Rutland Region Early Childhood Collaborative.
Shared Services helps child care programs work smarter, not harder, helping to make them more financially sound, efficient, sustainable and better able to deliver high-quality child care services.
To learn more, contact LouAnn Beninati, director of program viability strategies (by email or by phone, 802-578-5087).